Me again; back to talk about this amazing little snack I put together for brunch earlier. I like to call this the “Bacon, Avo, Tomato” as it just sounds cool.
My mum reminded me how much I love this recipe today and I knew that it would be on my mind for a long time if I didn’t make it. This combination of tasty ingredients just go together so well (it’s like a remix to the popular BLT) and I definitely recommend trying it for yourself. Check out what you need to prepare this below; enjoy!
Low cal cooking spray
3 rashers of smoked lean bacon
1 slice of Wholemeal bread (I used Hovis)
3 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive spread
A sprinkle of black pepper
Rough cost: £3.50 for all of the ingredients (which will serve 4).
- Heat the low-cal cooking spray in a griddle pan on a low low/medium heat, and add the bacon rashers. Cook for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and then set aside.
- On a secure chopping board, gently grip the avocado with one hand and then proceed to cut the avocado in half with a sharp knife. Gently take the knife around the pit of the Avocado, before gripping with both hands and twisting to open it out.
- Once halved, take the knife to the pit of the avocado (as if you were going to chop it) with enough force, so as to make the pit latch on to the blade of the knife, allowing you to subsequently remove it by pulling the knife away. ( I didn’t explain this very well so do google it if you need to). Dispose of the pit.
- Slice the avocado into segments/ chunks as desired. Using a spoon, scoop around the outline of the avocado to bring the segments/ slices out of the peel. Put aside.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes into small slices (or as desired) and put aside with the Avocado.
- Lightly toast the wholemeal bread and cover in the olive spread once toasted. Add the bacon, avo and then tomato (in that order) and top with some black pepper to taste.
Oh and P.s … my mum made this exact snack today, but topped it with an egg. She told me it was delicious, so feel free to get creative with a poached egg or two if that’s something you’d be into.